Congressionally Directed Spending Requests - FY 2024
Thank you for visiting and for your interest in improving the quality of programs and institutions in New York. Senator Schumer is no longer accepting requests for New York based Congressionally Directed Spending (CDS) projects for Fiscal Year (FY) 2024.
Please note that the Senate Appropriations Committee has set the following conditions on CDS items:
- Eligible entities include state and local government entities and non-profit organizations. For-profit entities are not eligible.
- Congressionally Directed Spending items that are selected for funding by the Appropriations Committee are subject to audits by the Government Accountability Office.
- Funding is limited and not all eligible requests will be funded.
In accordance with newly enacted reforms by the Senate Appropriations Committee to increase accountability and transparency related to congressionally requested spending, Senator Schumer is publicly releasing the list of congressionally directed spending requests he submitted for Fiscal Year 2024. The bills listed below were open to requests for congressionally directed spending. These disclosures are being released in accordance with the deadlines set forth by the Committee. Please note that a CDS request submitted to the Committee does not guarantee funding.
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Energy and Water Development
- Financial Services and General Government
- Homeland Security
- Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies
- Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
Thank you again for your interest in and commitment to improving the quality of programs and institutions in New York. Together we can keep New York at the forefront of cultural, educational, and economic excellence.